Butler County is one of the fastest-growing business and residential areas in the region. The area is delightfully diverse and filled with pristine parks, quaint, small towns, rolling farmland, and bustling cities. Strategically located just 20 minutes north of Pittsburgh, Butler County provides easy access to the PA Turnpike and major highways.
Butler County has a unique, industrial piece of history, and is known around the world as the birthplace of the Jeep. To commemorate this occasion, the county hosts a three-day event, the Bantam Jeep Heritage Festival, which attracts thousands of visitors worldwide.
The county is also home to major headquarters, both a top-ranked university and Pennsylvania’s #1 rated community college, restaurants, shops and a variety of options for sports and outdoor recreation. Butler County – Explore More.
- Only 20 minutes north of Pittsburgh, and easily accessed by the PA Turnpike, I-79, I-80 and State Route 422, 19 and 8.
- Less than five hours to Toronto, Canada (4hr., 38min. Butler to Toronto)
Education and Workforce Training
- Slippery Rock University
- Butler County Community College
- Steamfitters 449 Training Facility
- Butler County Area Vocational-Technical School consortium of County High Schools
Arts & Culture
- Butler County Symphony Association
- Maridon Museum
- Succop Theater at Butler County Community College
- Slippery Rock University, College of Liberal Arts
- The Strand Theater
Sports & Recreation
- UPMC Lemieux Sports Complex – Official practice facility for the Pittsburgh Penguins
- Michelle Krill Field at Historic Pullman Park
- Pittsburgh International Race Complex
- Moraine State Park – Butler County’s biggest attraction that sees nearly two-million people a year
- Jennings Environmental Education Center
- Glade Run Lake
- Preston Park
- Succop Nature Park (Western PA Audubon)
- Todd Nature Reserve (Western PA Audubon)
- Alameda Park
- Butler County offers an abundance of attractions, nearly 3,000 hotel rooms, trendy shops, and a multitude of different restaurants. From the festive to the downright delightful, you’ll find a variety of charming towns, unique events, breathtaking views and distinctive brewpubs.